Friday, October 5, 2012

Paper Piecing....love it or hate it

So.....are you one of the haters of paper piecing?  Or the lovers?  I can honestly say the first time I tried it I was reduced to tears.  I put the fabric upside down, put the seam allowance on the wrong side, had my fabric to short...you name it, I did it.  That was early in my sewing career, so about 9 years ago. 
Due to the fact I am into self punishment, I decided to try it again....and I LOVE it....once you wrap your mind around the process it is wonderfully acurate.  The above is one I made a couple of years ago.  It measures 10 inches square. 
This book is fantastic one to add to your collection.  The gals instuctions are fantastic.  Let me save you some time, and frustration.

This is the paper that seemed to stand up and work the best for me.
Can you see this?  This is one section, or diamond. 
Having small numbered cups are a must for this project. 

This is what it looks like before you fold on the dotted lines.  This one has a black background .  I will post a picture of the finished product, after I inset the background.  Unfortunately I am not a rock star when it comes to inset seams.
And again.....a seam a day, keeps the blues away!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment