Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rob Appel

Rob Appel did a trunk show for us Monday night at Moonlight Quilters.  www.moonlightquilters.org
You can go to the web site to see more of his work.
He is very high energy, kept our attention for a hour and a half.  The actual background fabric in this piece is the red, everything else is on top of it. 
This one caught my attention for the pure amount of work in it.
Red wolf is the name of this one.  Can't wait to see Donna C's version of this one.
This was my all time favorite.  It was very life like.   If you have a chance to hear him speak or take a workshop from him, go for it!  He has a Facebook page and a website...check him out.
That's all for tonight,
A stitch a day, keeps the blues away!
T



1 comment:

  1. I loved his talk--very entertaining and not what you'd expect from a surfer dude turned quilter. Some day I'll have to get a pattern or two from him, but he's inspired me to try to create my own layered applique...someday. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I don't want to create NEW UFOs!

    ReplyDelete